Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Suffering

1st Tim 4:12
dont let anyone look down on you because of your youth, be an example for the believers in speech,in life,in love,in faith and in purity.

june 25 for most of us just another day. its my mother bday today so liz if you would tell happy bday for me.


today as i said i missed my mothers bday and to be honest the pain of going so far from home is really hitting hard today. the kids in cantria cheered me up bc they actually listend to us. then playing soccer with them eased my mind. in tusoni chico however the director headed home early and didnt tell us he wasnt having class this week. this really hurt not just cuz they werent their but because i honestly saw something their. so much so that me and austin decide to sacrifice some money and go ahead and buy bibles for them. when we did it weeks ago it didnt hurt because we were still loaded. the past week we have felt it pretty bad. we have been eating mostly peruvian food and avoid any bad money choices. to be honest some night we have gone to bed hungry yet its worth it for the sake of the gospel. we know that we could have just asked yall for money but we wanted to make a sacrifice. it wouldnt have been much of a sacrifice for us to do it then ask for more money. we have enough money to eat for the next couple of day and to get to nasca, so dont go running to the atm. i like the way paul put it the more i love the more i get hurt.

back to tusoni chico the only people their was their president and some guy who were both wasted.

im very excited about tommorow. we go to nasca to be with the other missionaries and to get a little time off.i know the past 3 or 4 blogs havent been to happy but im honest very happy here. its odd how in the deeps sorrow Gods love is more conforting than ever. i guess its because thats why i am here, not for peru sake or my sake but for His sake.

i have honestly never been so sad to be away from lithia springs Ga.even at college i only called when i need something.
i miss yall.i love yall and i thank yall for the prayers i can honestly feel them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i forgot no blogs for a while. going to nasca so no time to blog till probably the first or second.
jorge

Beth said...

Jorge~

I know that is discouraging and difficult at times. Just be faithful! Remember all the people who never gave up on you and loved you even when it was difficult.  Remember that God did not call you to Peru to save anyone. You are called there to be obedient and share with them what Christ has done for you. You can’t make them do what you want them to. Wouldn’t mission be easier if you could?  So many people here love you, and are praying for you, and are inspired by you. You have no idea what kind of a difference you are making!!! Love them all… and focus your energy on the people and places that are most receptive!

2 Timothy 2:13 says, “If we are faithless. He remains faithful, He cannot deny Himself.” By very nature He is faithful! Live in what you know, not how you feel. 

Savor EVERY single moment in Nazca and let your soul be renewed! It will be so fabulous!

I love you! You can call me if you need to talk. You know that there is a phone right by the theater. You can buy cards in Juliaca that you can use at it.

Beth

alyssa said...

happy birthday! sorry im late the past couple of weeks have been crazy with dad's surgery and everything. i hope everything is going well i miss you tons love you!

Bev said...

Jorge and Austin both - I can send you a little money - I don't have any idea how. I will call Dale tomorrow and ask him.

"Its odd how in the deepest sorrow Gods love is more comforting than ever." Jorge,I know exactly what you mean by that statement. I have been there and you are right. The harder things get, the closer you feel God and know God. That's why people say you grow through hard times. I remember when Beth was down there, she felt discouraged for awhile. I love the message she left you. We are only called to do the right thing. We are not responsible for the results. Some day, Jesus may say to you and/or Austin (face to face!). "Hey Jorge, I remember when you were in Peru and NOTHING was happening that you could see for my kingdom, but you just kept on telling people about me. Well, remember ( ) he grew up, moved to ( ), had some really hard times and pulled out this Bible this young missionary kid gave him. He found me there. It was years later, but he was ready to meet me and it was through the Bible YOU gave him, along with your smile." Man, I should write a book!!! lol Anyway, don't be discouraged. Love you both. Make sure Austin reads this as well. I don't want to type it twice.

Christine said...

Hey Jorge. I hope you are having a great time in Nazca. I know you have been discouraged, but hang in there. Know that LOTS of people are praying for you and Austin, myself included. I remember a time when Beth's heart broke for the people of Peru and I've never seen/heard her so sad before. But in that sad time, she chased God even harder and continued to seek out what He wanted done and how He wanted it done through her and the rest of the team. Like Beth, your life will be forever changed because of this experience. You just have to continue to let God do it His way and remain faithful and obedient while you are there. God has called you to Peru to love on the people and what greater love is there to show than God's love! Stay strong and know that we all love you very much!

Christine

P.S. I too remember a time when I missed the beautiful and historic downtown Lithia Springs....you will be back before you know it!

Anonymous said...

we were talking & praying about the sitution with austin and you and the bibles and food @ the beach retreat this week (which i missed you so inredibly much at) and when kevin started to talk about it i thought he was going to say ya'll died and i was freaking out,and then i really did cuz heard about the food & bible sit. and know that i am praying about that everyday mutiple times a day!!and like most of these comments have said.. keep strong!even if it's difficult.and always remember God is the great provider.i love you so much!
katie

Anonymous said...

Praying for the renewal of your spirit. I echo Beth "Live in the Truth of who God is and not in what you feel."

Hope you enjoy your time in Nazca.

Gaan