Wednesday, June 11, 2008

let it snow let it snow let it snow...

this morning when i woke up..( i get up at like 5 or 6 whenever the sun rises ) it was snowing!! and raining. the clouds here are so low you cant see anything when it rains but it cleared up by 8am.


in other news im sick of small building... i hit my head once a day...


Today we went to cantria thinking that they meet at 10am like they did last week and like they told us they would. they didnt... they meet at 11am which if you know anything about peruvian time that means around 11:30ish. which is fine but we had to go to tusoni chico to show the jesus film. so we didnt get to meet with them today. well i talk to them for about 5mins told them that due to the timing we couldnt stay much longer.

tusoni chico was great . they had been pushing me for bibles for a since we got here. the village doesnt have running power or water but they have a really good director for juliaca who really wants us to teach the people bible. we showed them the jesus film to a small crowder their (i expected more.) but the high light of it was that we decide to go ahead and buy some bibles for them and they were really excited.they gave us some form of gravy drink need less to say i almost vomitted but it didnt hurt austin. plz pray for the chains of catholism to be broken.. they keep asking us to pray and when i try to explain to them that they can talk to jesus too ... well they normally just ask us to pray for other things.. i know part of it is the thought that we are special...hahaha we showed them pictures of our family and told them we were regular people back home and we want the same here we just want jesus lift high.


thanks for the comments bev mrs morris lester luke and rachels mom they are encouraging.

things i want or need liz pryor

my unnegotiable list of demands

all the brown sugar oatmeal in the house

my metal spork

a package that should have arrived days after i left (its my book)

a big jar of peanut butter. crunchy not smooth

a current picture of taco and bella ..and xena

inside my room infront of my dresser with the big mirror is a yellow envolope with pictures i need that too.

we all know june 22 is of course my bday so any cash birthday gift must be sent at that time

(all other gifts can be held till my arrival)

3 boxs of mac and cheese

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe that you had snow this morning when we are sweltering here!! That was an interesting post about Austin being a priest! I'm praying you will have the exact words to say to the people.Is there any way to send you a private message if I need to tell you something I don't necessarily want the whole world to read? E-mail? facebook message? Nothing really important. Austin said you had good food today. I'm glad.

Anonymous said...

Did you get any pictures of the snow, or was it enough to photograph?? Have a Great day!! We are praying for you BOTH!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you get any pictures of the snow, or was it enough to photograph?? Have a Great day!! We are praying for you BOTH!!!

Drew Powell said...

you are so needy LOL I'll try my best to get all that when I come most deff your book is there anything that Austin wants? Or that he needs? I need to know asap so I can get it ready well pravin for ya all ways hav fun being priest LOL jk

Anonymous said...

i wish it would snow here now!!so hot..do they have purple gatorade down or up or wherever you are?cuz i'll be sending a bunch of of mix packets with drew and whoever else is gonna go.if i can find any.anywho i'm still prayin for you and austin and still missing you!i keep wanting to call when i'm bored which is most of the time but then i'm like oh shoot theyre still in peru! ok ok love ya and thinkin of ya!! :)
katie

Anonymous said...

Well I have negotiated with your mother and we will send said things. Your book did come in the mail. I will send it as well....Drew I need you to call me so maybe I can send stuff with you.
Lizpryor