Monday, July 28, 2008

So Much For My Happy Ending....

even if just one got saved from our trip than i would count it as a sucess. if when you think of missions you think fun than you are mistaken my dear friends. it had it moments but the thing it is satisfying. this trip has made me see how much i have that i dont need. how much Health is part of Gods graces. how much my family really means to me.how much i love my friends. how much my church means to me.how much God means to me. he was my strengthen when i felt like giving up he was my voice when i didnt have the words. he has given me more than i could ask for and im sure if your reading this he has done the same for you. i pray that my letters have been a little window into this other world and i hope that when you read then they dont just stir you but changed you. happy ending no... but God doesnt promise us rose gardens. A summer filled of obediance and wisdom, let downs and awing at God. it was a summer chasing a untamable, all powerful, loving, living God.


peace and grace

Jorge.

3 comments:

EHT said...

I was so glad to read an email this morning that told me you guys were home and safe.

While your plans for Peru might not have worked out as you had envisioned them, God's plan did.

Your witness through this blog will remain as a testament for others and will continue to reach others as long as it exists.

WELCOME HOME!

Kirsten Rickman said...

Thanks for your comment. :]] I whole heartily agree :]]
looks like you need to update yourself. I read this and I love it! Every time i go on missions trips I feel this way at the end. i only wish my determined train of thought wasn't so ADD. :]] I am glad you found me on here Jorge!!

Andrea said...

I like your blog!
Welcome home!