Monday, July 14, 2008

lifes like this...

1sam15:22
king saul wanted to make a sacrifice to God when God had told him to destory everything. God is much more pleased with our obedience than with sacrifices.

we been trying so hard to start a church here in lampa because the church that was here died. we try and try but when we least expect it God Blows our Minds and says that just happend.
saturday night we were out in the plaza buying food when this little kid with a funny accent comes up to us. hello! so we respond hey. (hes more interested in talking with eric and austin cuz there white.) he then ask us where we are from.Atlanta and nashville. then he ask us if we speak english. well yeah. then his teacher comes up to us. hi im lee. cool. he asked what were doing here in lampa. we said missions. he said that he loves missionaries they taugh him english. then i ask if it was reapsouth. he says yeah. apparently he was just with one of our other teams. so now we have a english teacher that can help us with the english ministry. and hes help inprove our teams spanish alot. we plan on starting english classes tuesday.

the kids come to sunday morning church and we taught them the daniel and the loins story. they said they already knew it and then we sang some songs that they already knew.(they went to the catholic church when they were little.) they (david alberto and cant remember the other ones names)will probably the people we infulence the most so start praying from them.

bad news however the church in hytro central has lost its pastor. he has moved away recently to find more work. the prices of things has risen so much that simple farms cant make it so their moving to the jungles to work in the mines. plz be in prayer for pastor juan . he is suppost to come back in september. he has 2 kids and a wife he left to try to make some money to live off of.

4 comments:

Dales Wood Creations said...

Good work guys. A window shuts and another one opens. God is good.
Dale

Anonymous said...

sorry its been so long to talk to yall but I have heard good news about all yall have been doing. I have also heard Drew will be joining Yall soon. With the three of Yall down their I bet we will hear of this on the news good news that is keep up the good work. Your in my prayers.

Kevin Smythe

Anonymous said...

Jorge! This is Hannimal! I hope you're having a good time and I still have that keychain waiting for you! I'm sorry we didn't get to hang out before you left though!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed your phone call Sunday morning - but I did give Drew the message. Your time left is short so "make the most of every opportunity". I sure hate that you 3 guys are going to miss Jake's wedding. Take care of Drew when he gets there and don't let him eat anything he shouldn't! lol
Still praying,
Bev